View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Hey, no argument. You call him a cornerstone, I call him a support beam, either way he's a huge part of our team's future. But think about it -- Subban has opted to NOT PLAY rather than accept whatever was offered. This is bad. This melodrama underscores just how little we know about what goes on behind the scenes with players, agents and management. Gomez is part of the roster, until the next day when he's fired; Cammalleri's harsh comments were no big deal, until the next day when he's traded mid-period.

We discuss these guys like they're simple game pieces on a Monopoly board, but there's more wheeling and dealing than we will ever know.
I know. Just please don't mention trading him because man... I will lose my mind.

Anyways, interesting to hear Gary Gally talk on the NHL network today. His take is that PK wants too much money. He also mentioned that he's not universally loved in the dressing room... He said if the Habs give into these demands it's going to set a bad precedent and that the Habs shouldn't give in on this.

Whoo boy so there you go... nobody has any idea what's really going on behind the scenes. On the one hand we hear it's a lowball on the other it's PK being greedy.

I read that the two sides are meeting this week so hopefully we can put this behind us.