View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 04:09 PM
PantherStriker

vCash: 120
Laughton - Seems to me like the motor that keeps the team moving. Projected to be the Captain after Boone (if he doesnt stick in the NHL), Laughton is integral to the Generals. During his 10 game suspension, the team suffered in his absence, posting a losing record, and the majority of their players couldnt produce or put up a negative +/-. When he came back, he and Jenner made a fantastic one-two punch down the center. Soon after that, Jenner went to the Juniors, and Laughton took over. The team went 6-3 (I believe) with Jenner gone, and Laughton resumed his PPG pace. One of the things that stands out for me about Laughton is that he quietly puts together a solid game. The small plays he makes stand out. I remember watching a 5 on 3 PK against Plymouth a few weeks ago, and he was out there killing it, making two blocks before Brown cleared it. If it werent for that 10 game suspension, he would have been playing in the Super Series, and invited to the WJC camp. His upside? He's still pretty young... It's hard to judge. He could be 2nd/3rd line center. On the Flyers, he'd slot in as 3rd/4th (behind Giroux, Couturier, possibly Schenn). Either way, he's going to be a key Penalty Kill component. Comparisons? Tough to make off the top of my head... I dont see him as a Richards type of player however.

Jenner - Captain of the Generals, great player. Due to Laughtons suspension, I've seen Jenner a few more times than Laughton. Throws the body, every time the puck is on his stick in the O zone there's a good chance he might score. Takes a few silly penalties, but he makes up for it with his play. The forecheck on this guy... Unreal. He finishes his hits, he makes the opposing team scared. His energy is seemingly endless. His international play is obviously hard to judge considering he's been suspended in each WJC. That being said, he's a force on the Generals. Boone is the heart of the team if Laughton is the motor. This season he took his game to a new level and was leading the OHL in goals for most of the season pre-WJC. He is currently 2nd to Reid Boucher of Sarnia. Boones upside? 2nd/3rd line Center, and PK'er. If I had to make a comparison... I'd agree with Brock on the Stoll comparison, and add Mike Fisher, or Brian Boyle.

PantherStriker is offline   Reply With Quote