View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 05:13 PM
SiCKNESS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Hey, anything's possible. The Sedins will be, what, 34, 35 at that time though? It'd be hard to imagine a huge raise at that time. A raise, certainly, but, say, upwards of 7.5-8? I don't know about that. Besides, the cap should be coming close to the current ceiling, in 2 years time mind you, by my (admittedly amature) calculations any way.

Bolded: Yes, sorry, that is exactly what I meant. I didn't mean we'd save money, rather that for two third liners, why not the monsters we know?

Underlined: Totally possible, but for sentimental/locker room reasons, I'd rather spend that money on Malhotra. Guys appairently a huge leader in the room. Alberts and his 1.225 haven't performed as well as we'd all hoped after the signing was announced, but I don't think we'd do much better in the free agency pool, and I'd hope we go cheaper (Corrado, for example, on our bottom pairing, or K-Conn, or even Sauve).
Probably is, we have too much Depth on D and not enough Quality. We spend 18.6M on our top 4 Defense...
Look at teams like Nashville(12.5), New York Rangers(11.3), STL(10.25)
We could easily just have a Stud Defenseman and some decent ones and save that 3-5M on offense, I mean we already have a great goalie Schneider. Or we could have a lot of depth like NYR and STL. If you look at those teams, they all have great teams.