s7ark

vCash: 500
New Arena deal agreed to by city and Katz group:mod warning #616

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...481/story.html

Old thread passed 1000, continue here.

Some posts from the last thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Awesome. Be nice for Edmonton to finally have something that's really high end and classy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
Lol...great tweet:

2:33 PMAdMan0828 @AdMan0828That sound you hear is the tinkling of frozen #yegarena hater tears hitting the ground as they watch their fake importance evaporate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Well played.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
Kinda stupid, juvenile & pretty dismissive.
Whatever floats your boat though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
I'm looking forward to this whole arena thing being done, great day with regards to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fysloc View Post
I can see people picking apart Mandels closing speech for the "who cares if Daryl Katz makes a bucketload of money, infact let him, this isn't about him or the oilers, its about the City of Edmonton", then ignore the second half of the sentence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
And also outrageous, egregious, and preposterous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched Oil View Post
I"m haappy!

I worry too much about money, and am looking to stop that.

In the grand scheme of my life, I won't dwell on the tax dollars, but I'll remember the building.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PigeonCamera View Post

I laugh every time this is used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue And Orange View Post
Knowing that the Oilers are staying in Edmonton for eternity and that the city will get a brand new spanking arena floats my boat very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Sad news today for Grandmothers all over Edmonton.

#neverforget
Quote:
This swiss army knife is pretty damned expensive, but nothing, and I mean nothing, is better for buttering bread.

I drive down 104th every day too...hell, this will likely eff up my parking, and I'm still all for it...it will be a really nice addition to the downtown core.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
just got this e-mail at work

Today Council approved a new framework to build a $480 million downtown arena that will become the new home of the Edmonton Oilers. This agreement between the City of Edmonton and the Katz Group comes after many months of negotiations and design work. A new downtown arena is a critical step forward for our plans to revitalize the heart of our city.
The arena and entertainment district is one of a series of catalyst projects outlined in the Capital City Downtown Plan. A strong downtown is a vital part of a dynamic city and today Edmonton took a huge step in the right direction.
You can read the full news release at http://www.edmonton.ca/city_governme...new-arena.aspx and learn more about the deal at www.edmonton.ca/downtownarena
I would like to extend my appreciation to all staff who have contributed many hours working collectively and collaboratively to advance this project. This project, involving staff from all Departments, is a great example of a One City approach.

Simon

Yes I work at the City in Planning and I'm partially involved with the arena... that's why I'm not posting in this thread (other than this particular post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue And Orange View Post
I am truly excited for the city and citizens of Edmonton with this new arena. Sure it's pricey but it will be worth it. It will bring life and vibrancy to an otherwise dead downtown. This is the first step towards making Edmonton a better city.
Quote:
This, sir, smacks of logic, and therefore will be disregarded presently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
Well played in return sir...well played.