View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 04:41 PM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
Yeah because in the absence of "proof" ( whatever that might actually be) let's just presume that anyone's opinion carries the exact same amount of weight of to the opinion of 95% of the players who have ever laced them up, coaches and GM's.

Carey Price thinks it had an impact, that's good enough for me. The question is not whether these things can prevent incidents within the same game but whether the tuning a guy but good makes him more or less likely to re-offend. Fleischman is a pretty good stand up guy, trying to prove a decrease in an exceptionally rare event is causal is extremely difficult.

My personal experience is that players DO play faster and looser with their sticks and hits when they know they don't HAVE to answer the bell.
Yes, he's a stand up guy that did something very uncommon: make a dirty hit. So it's not the "stand up guys" we are trying to make less likely to re-offend, it's the dirty hits from re-occurring. Who cares if it was Matt Cooke or a Lady Bing candidate that did the hit? It's the end result that matters. I find your logic is extremely flawed.

In the same train of thought though, I would love to see White do that to Lucic, because you just KNOW he's going to do some dirty shenanigans. So, Mr. White, we are all eagerly awaiting for an encore, if you dare.