View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 04:48 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
But my point was Lu has the hammer in deciding where to go. If Gilles and Howson make a deal, its not done without Lu's approval anyways.
Never in question.

Quote:
By going to Toronto I was say the pressure might actually be less than here in Vancouver for Lu to win a cup, so he might actually fare better, even though he would be in teh eye of the storm in Toronto. He has already played in a canadian city, so he would be used to teh attention if he were to go to TO. He is a goalie, and goalies and Vancouver have had a rough ride the last couple of decades. You though Philly was bad on thier goalies? Even Burke said it was a goalie graveyard and that was when he was still the Nucks GM.
All I see is speculation. Not saying you are wrong but you can't form a conclusion with that level of speculation. While a discussion point, I would say that nothing remotely definitive can come from it.

Quote:
The owners could actually bury Lu and his contract in the minors if they choose to do so.
Not really. They can't do that to hide cap space moving forward. I don't think they will buy him out, but you guys aren't in great shape, cap wise, next year.

Quote:
Forget about what is happeneing with all the specualtion, what would be a fair trade between the 2 teams in your opinion if they were to make a deal?
I didn't think Brass/Mason was a bad start. We'll have to shed a contract. Then again Gilles indicated he was waiting for the other team to move a player. So, honestly, I have no idea what the deal would look like. This isn't the Nash contract, this contract from Luongo has some risk. I wouldn't give you much in the way of assets. The only reason I agreed to Brass is I'm not sold that he is part of the future of this team.

Personally, as I said in the Bob thread, this really doesn't pass the smell test to me.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote