View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 05:54 PM
sandysan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Yes, he's a stand up guy that did something very uncommon: make a dirty hit. So it's not the "stand up guys" we are trying to make less likely to re-offend, it's the dirty hits from re-occurring. Who cares if it was Matt Cooke or a Lady Bing candidate that did the hit? It's the end result that matters. I find your logic is extremely flawed.

In the same train of thought though, I would love to see White do that to Lucic, because you just KNOW he's going to do some dirty shenanigans. So, Mr. White, we are all eagerly awaiting for an encore, if you dare.

It makes no difference if its Cooke or fleischman, White does the same thing, everytime because I dont think hes a spot picker. White is not a super or even a heavyweight (upper middle weight) but he will go with pretty much anyone and in this case him going was not to impose his will on fleischman or to give the habs a jump but to indicate, in no uncertain terms, that such events will not be met without a pushback. If it were a guy who could smoke White, I'm convinced this makes no difference he still goes in throwing. I have no problem with White going with lucic ( and I absolutely predict he would) if lucic boarded georges even if he loses. Its a hell of a lot better than what the sabres did when lucic DID RUN miller.

And, once again relying on the people who lace them up past and present, the fact that you CANT tune a guy up without getting the hook now ( but you could previously) I think contributes a lot to the courage a lot of these guys have.

Im sorry that your opinion is shared by an extreme, extreme minority of people who have had to face the consequences of loose stickwork and questionable hits.