View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 05:29 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
If he was worried about losing his job why would he put a great prospect on a dumpster fire line? And if they weren't in the mood to go through the growing pains why didn't they just send him down?
Wang and Snow were willing to toss 19 yr old Nino into the fire, glad to use his caphit.

Cappy, however, was more concerned with getting as many wins as possible, avoiding getting fired.

And I'll repeat my earlier comment: Nino never expressed unhappiness with Nino making the NHL and being kept up last season. Just the opposite.

If the isles had Nino on this season's NHL roster, he'd be happy and quiet.

I'll post a translated interview from Nino's agent. Notice his Sbisa comments. He and Sbisa were unhappy when Sbisa was demoted. The reason he didn't step into that situation, was because he expected Carlyle to be fired.

Snow is not trading Nino because he and his agent are having a hissy fit.

http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/...aubt--30354469
You had a comparable, but not as dramatic situation with Luca Sbisa. Sbisa too got relegated to the farm team, even though he was way too good for that. But you didn’t do anything back then.
This situation was different: I knew that the problem was Randy Carlyle, whose time was basically up with Anaheim. Luca Sbisa was highly regarded by the GM and we simply had to wait, until Carlyle was fired.

What are you going to do now?
We’ll see. I’ll have some tough negotiations with GM Garth Snow when Nino’s contract is over in two years, anyway. I want Nino Niederreiter on a team, that believes in him and that gives him a chance. It doesn’t matter if this team is the New York Islanders or a different team.