View Single Post
Old
06-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle
I'm not a big fan of skinny defencemen, and I agree that Fischer is way too skinny at this point. Reminds me of Hainsey in more ways than one, including the cockiness. Hopefully he's got more jam.
I've never seen Fischer play, but I like the fact his draft preview guide profile mentions he plays with an edge, blocks shots and comes to play, qualificatives we had never heard about Hainsey (he was always way too lackadaisical with and without the puck).

To me, cockiness is fine, it's when a player thinks he knows it all or has severe work ethic deficiencies that I get really concerned, because it makes substancial improvement almost impossible (see Hainsey).

But so far everything I've read about Fischer makes it look like the guy has a strong ethic and is actually a mature and smart kid. Timmins mentioned Fischer was actually a great leader and a go-to guy.

We'll have to wait and see. I'm glad we got ourselves a RD with our first pick, an offensive one to boot, but I'll wait to see him play in camp to pass jugement (and hopefully the negative comments about his personality made by one scout will progressively fade away).

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote