View Single Post
Old
06-25-2006, 09:54 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habslife
I saw him play a few times in Gatineau and he won't be NHL ready before a couple of years, but we never know? We have seen surprises before (Gagné or Bergeron: I am not comparing Giroux with those two, don't shoot me).

Don't worry too much about his size because he likes to be involve in the play and can take a hit to make a play or to finish it. He is talented and has great vision on the ice. That is a player you can count on for big goals because he is confident and he can make a difference. I have to disagree with a previous post that said he was like a more well rounded version of Ales Hemsky. I saw both in Gatineau and Hemsky is definitely the most talented of the two. But we never know, talent isn't everything.

Good pick.

I've lived in the Ottawa area most of my life and I've seen Hemsky and Giroux. Giroux is an awful lot like Hemsky. Both are offensive dynamos their draft year. Remember, this was Giroux's first year in Major Junior hockey and he put up amazing numbers. The thing is that the numbers will only get better. The one thing that kind of concerns me with Giroux is that he is light. If he can gain 15 pounds and if it doesn't cost him his speed, then he'll be a much better player.

If Giroux were 6'1/185 pounds, nobody would be complaining about him being a first round pick. I really like him though and he's going to look real good on a line with either Carter and Umberger, Richards and Ruzicka, or Gagne and whoever his center will be.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote