View Single Post
Old
06-25-2006, 11:31 AM
All-Star

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Let's face it, the Habs can improve in the next few years with good, solid draft picks, but how high can they go? Unfortunately, several other teams are really loading up for the future with gems. Take Pittsburgh. The Penguins have added Jordan Staal to Crosby and Malkin at the center position. It bugs me to think of what the Habs have now (or even what they will have) in comparison. My only (slight) consolation is that the Hurricanes didn't get Jordan Staal.
I'd rather see my team improve while winning than bottom feeding like Pittsburgh. By the time Pittsburgh is ready to compete it could very well be that they'll lose Crosby or Fleury to UFA; big names tend to get expensive very fast... As far as I know, Pittsburgh still has a really ****** defence, and are paper thin in almost every position except center because they tend to suck when drafting in the later rounds. The Habs on the other hand are slowly building building themselves up to being a trade deadline aquisition away from a serious cup run.

In the playoffs, a team needs depth or luck to win the cup. I'd rather bet on depth.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote