View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 07:25 PM
onebighockeyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Now it's Martin.

Jeez, really scrapping the bottom of the barrel here.

First it was Cole, Gorges & Gionta, and now we have moved the goal posts again.

No one is saying that Subban is perfect, but the allegations that were put forth about present day Subban are different than what Martin saw when Subban was 21. He might have been a little too flamboyant for that dinosaur 3 years ago, but that doesn't mean Subban is a prima donna in present day. Martin was a storied coach, but it was also known he was out of his league towards the end of his stint in Montreal.

In your own article you quoted you can find this great quip:

Let Subban grow. Let him make mistakes. Let him play his game. In a few years, he will be great. If we trade him now, we will make a huge mistake. We had the same criticism of Carey Price as immature at age 22. They are young, and being thrown into situations where they are the integral cog of an NHL team in their second season.

2 years later, and all things seem to be going really well for Subban. His on ice contributions and team play are among the elite in the league, and his off ice activity has been nothing but exemplary.
You asked for an example. I gave you one. There are others. I won't waste my time since you seem to have issues with anything I post regardless of the source.