View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
What "many" forwards? As my Flyer-fan coworkers predicted before the season, the Flyers are a startling parallel to the Philadelphia Phillies: a former offensive juggernaut about to become league-average offensively, or worse. They've bled so much talent over the last couple years. Carter. Richards. Jagr. Leino who, say what you want, did work in that organization. Even JVR. And now with Briere out, and Schenn/Couturier not quite ready for prime time offensively, they're forced to hope guys like Read and Simmonds can replicate career seasons in order to find some offense after Giroux/Hartnell--the latter also coming off a career season. Gone are the days when that team could roll three fearsome lines at you.
I agree. They've bled a lot of forwards, they're not particularly tough anymore (especially with Rinaldo and Hartnell now out), their defense is aging, and Mr. Universe is an enigma. I can see the Flyers struggling quite a bit this year...though I'm not sure they'll struggle enough to miss the playoffs. Giroux alone could will them into the top 8.