Thread: 2.Bundesliga: Roster spots in 2.Bundasliga??
View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 07:02 PM
hage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwin View Post
Do many players from the 2 bundesliga advance to the DEL each year. If so who might have a chance this year
On average it's probably like 1 guy per team each year, sometimes maybe two.

Most of those are young German prospects. Since many DEL teams like Hamburg, Hanover, Munich and Wolfsburg do little to nothing for developing young players on their own, they need to rely on hockey hotbeds in the south (most of whose senior teams play in the Bundesliga or the 3rd tier Oberliga) to fill their rosters with cheap, young talent.

Import players have to be really good to gain a DEL teams interest and many only get a chance to play DEL once they gain a German passport.

Recent import players now playing in the DEL that I can think of right now are
- T.J Mulock, Darin Olver, Garret Festerling (got a German passport and played for the national team)
- Rob Brown, Peter Flache, Kyle Helms, Tyson Mulock, Kevin Schmidt (got a German passport)
- Stephen Werner, Dusan Frosch, Adam Mitchell, Eric Schneider, Calvin Elfring, Dustin Whitecotton(no German passport)

Of the imports from the past season I think only Lubomir Dibelka and Cory Quirk (via Finland) went do the DEL.

I can imagine Brendan Cook, Robin Just and David Elsner playing in the DEL next season

hage is offline   Reply With Quote