View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 07:16 PM
GoAwayDanCleary
DRWCC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
That is a big part of it, at this point how in the world do you play him in the top six with Nyquist, Tatar, Ferraro and Pare. They have a tough top six winger position to crack and when you don't perform there are other guys that get chances.

He is very young, but his confidence if pretty low. I think Jurco will be fine, there are still flashes of his talent. He has a quick release and very nifty hands. It is decision making and gaining more strength that are the biggest needs. Those are both things you expect guys to continue improving on and I think he will to. He also could use some pointers on skating, as he glides a lot and needs to be more deliberate and accelerate a little quicker.
I think Blashill is perfect for him. He is great with the young guys and knows how to develop them. So just give him time.

You're right about his game. I think the biggest thing for him is his strength, which will allow him to dominate near the boards with those hands and obviously everywhere else as well. He's not afraid to go to the dirty areas but he's too weak to be effective. I notice how he tends to float around as well. I don't know if its a lack of urgency or what. Definitely needs to work on his agility and speed.

One more thing I believe he's struggling with is he tries to be perfect out there. He's always making the safe, simple plays (dumping it in, etc.). Which is by no means a bad thing, it shows he's thinking out there and is aware, but I'd like to see him take a few chances (dangle, etc.). But I'm sure that will come with age.