View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 07:49 PM
airforceones25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I'm still not getting it. If Carlyle was a problem for Getzlaf, then how do you explain the fact that removing the problem worsened his production?
please refer to quote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
I think he's suggesting that getting rid of Carlyle came with its own set of problems, for example learning a new system on the fly and perhaps the aftermath of a bit of locker room tension. Just because Carlyle was the problem, doesn't mean removing him immediately removes all associated problems, or that the solution doesn't have its own attendant problems.
they had to learn a new system on the fly etc. his numbers didn't even fall off that much from earlier in the season. if you look to last half of the season he put up 30pts in 40games. you don't think there is an adjustment period to learn a new coaching system.

let me state that i'm not even blaming Carlyle as the sole problem. i'm suggesting that is was part of the problem. the whole team's numbers were down last year not just Getzlaf. Why is it fair to just single out him?

all i'm suggesting is when you hear the same thing over and over and over again it gets old. especially when you're not winning. it just becomes a nagging thing. surely there is multiple reasons that can be had on why he didn't perform up to expectations. this is just one of many reasons IMO.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote