View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
they had to learn a new system on the fly etc. his numbers didn't even fall off that much from earlier in the season. if you look to last half of the season he put up 30pts in 40games. you don't think there is an adjustment period to learn a new coaching system.

let me state that i'm not even blaming Carlyle as the sole problem. i'm suggesting that is was part of the problem. the whole team's numbers were down last year not just Getzlaf. Why is it fair to just single out him?

all i'm suggesting is when you hear the same thing over and over and over again it gets old. especially when you're not winning. it just becomes a nagging thing. surely there is multiple reasons that can be had on why he didn't perform up to expectations. this is just one of many reasons IMO.
I agree, and I don't really have a dog in this hunt. I was just explaining your position as I saw it. To me it's perfectly plausible that solving a problem (Carlyle) could make things much worse in the short term, and yet still be the solution, for the reasons you mentioned.

Personally I think Getz will be back in a big way, for the next few seasons.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote