View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Shawn Wilken
Hockey's Future Staff
@CrimsonSkorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
On the deal: I think Bergevin is right. From the start, I've held the same opinion that Subban is still one contract away from Tyler Myers numbers. A Michael Del Zotto-like contract is exactly the way they should go, but the team's needs seem to out-weigh almost everything, which is why Meehan is going for the big money right away. In the end, the people this hurts most is the team itself. It's a mini-lockout of a player after the season lockout ended and the team has taken notice, wether they will admit it or not. There is going to be a few players on the team who will be shaking their heads about all of this and as the days go on, the number of players shaking their heads will continue to grow.

On trading him: I don't think Bergevin gets judged right away, should Subban get traded out of town. That should only come once we see how it affects the product on the ice. If Subban is traded and the return is good, improving the team and their season, then Bergevin looks good. If the defense falters greatly, people will be talking about how Subban could have made the difference. As for the idea itself, I don't like it. A young player with that much potential and still so much potential to hit is very valuable, especially to a team that is weak on D. They need to retain him, but at the same time they need to keep him in check.