View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Bolt32

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
LOL you are severely underestimating Gibson. So, basically his entire career has been a hot streak? Ummm no.
How am I underestimating him? I do think hes a hell of a prospect, best goalie prospect in the world? No. Still think he has number 1 written all over him. I personally think Markstrom and a select others are better than him. That is not underestimating him in the least. Everyone takes this tournament way too seriously honestly. Stamkos didn't exactly set the tournament on fire and yet became arguably the best sniper in the NHL. (I can list others and others on that list to continue this.) A tournament with different teammates, may of who you have yet to even play on the same team with. A short tournament at that is no indication of whether or not you have the talent to make it to the next level.

The next Crosby could be playing for Germany for all that we know and just had a horrible 7 or so games. Even the best WJC (Lockout WJC) team wasn't exactly filled with guys that made it to the show. Potential is a fickle thing, and cannot be judged by a mere 7 or so games. No matter how good nor how bad they are in said tournament.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote