Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI
View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Brave Sir Robin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
We should really put MoJo back to his natural position, I'm not happy at all with his play at wing. I think #3C would suit him better than wing.

We need another winger at the deadline for sure though, that is not even debatable. Ovie needs someone better to play with on his opposite wing than MoJo or Brouwer, there is no question about it.

I can't suggest who to get, but I'd be willing to part with MoJo and Neuvirth. Get a cheap backup goalie and put Laich at 3C.
We'd be wise to hang on to Neuvirth until Holby establishes himself as a starting goalie.

Ovechkin and Backstrom don't need another star player as their linemate. On paper Brouwer actually seemed like a good fit, but in real life he never found the chemistry with either 8 or 19.

Having watched the last 2 games, I'm actually on board with the idea of pairing Ovi with Ribeiro. Ribeiro is adept in creating space for his linemates, and Ovi is currently being suffocated by the opposing defences. Of course I still insist Ovi needs to move back to LW. I'd try something like:

Ovi - Ribeiro - Brouwer
Wolski - Backstom - Johansson