View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 09:11 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Exactly how has he driven the value of his asset down?

There is a big difference between evaluating talent and offering a fair value for that talent. Bergevin clearly knows what kind of a talent he has here... but the fact is Subban has no leverage unless someone gives him an offer sheet.

What is funny is that so many posters cry about the ridiculous contracts that are handed out but as soon as there is a stalemate in negotiations with one of our players, they want him to cave in.
How can Bergevin tell another GM that he is trading this kid because he wants more than a 2year deal worth about 5M and then ask that GM for a huge return?
Bergevin put himself in a bad spot if it comes down to a trade. The only good thing to hope for is that other GMs would outbid one another like crazy for him.

But if you got GMs outbidding line crazy for him, take a step back and ask yourself ''why are these guys going nuts over him? Once you get that answer (because he's that good), ask yourself, why am I trading him again??''...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
All the crap we've been going through ever since the Houle days with incompetent GM after incompetent GM... I don't think I can stand another ****** in the GM chair. If Subban is dealt for anything less than an equal value player, this could be the straw for me after 20 years.
I feel the same. The only possibility is if we get a huge return. But if it comes down to Bergevin being too stubborn to budge and actually moves PK, I doubt he'll be good at evaluating other talent. So the return will likely be nowhere as good as PK.

If that's the case, I am not sure I'll be able to endure such incompetence.