View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 09:12 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
All it takes is for Subban to say, "You know what? Give me that bridge contract. I just want to play." Then in 2 years, Bergevin will be more than happy to give a larger contract to a Subban that is a bit older, a bit more mature, and has shown he was willing to give back to the team before taking a lot of money.

That's why I believe Bergevin is not budging. If I'm correct, I cannot fault him at all.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
In this hypothetical scenario, GMMB believes Subban is asking for too much money and/or term, but is willing to trade him for a player signed to a 7.857mil cap hit through the age of 40? SWeber is the better player right now, but I would not be a fan of that trade.
Shea Weber is soooo much better than PK though.. His contract will be tradeable later on and I'd expect the cap to be super-inflated by the time he isn't worth that money anyways (i.e. 7+ years from now).

I'd jump for joy if we made that trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
As it has been broken down countless times already, Subban's peers - guys like Myers, Karlsson and Doughty have already recieved their long term contracts.
These are Norris-type defenseman on their ELCs. Subban shouldn't be in the same sentence as Karlsson and Doughty. Myers is a great d-man as well but I think he's overpaid at the moment, not interested in overpaying Subban based on potential either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The Habs need Subban more than he needs them.
LOL