View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 09:41 PM
WG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
A waste of time since you can't find anything that Gorges said about Subban that was negative about his personality, on or off ice play?

«Je ne suis pas sûr, a-t-il dit. On verra. C'est dur à comprendre... Le but du hockey, c'est de gagner en équipe. Si on a du succès, c'est à cause de l'équipe.

«Je ne voudrais pas être dans cette position. C'est certain qu'un joueur essaie toujours d'avoir la meilleure entente possible. Un gars dans sa situation n'a pas beaucoup de droits quant à la négociation, alors il doit dire oui à un contrat de transition, en attendant de mériter le droit de négocier à la hausse par la suite. Je pense que 95 % des joueurs sont déjà passés par là.»

How dare Gorges say such horrible things about PK...Clearly he doesn't like him.
I still cannot believe that Gorges would go out and make some on the record comment re. a teammate's contract situation. If I recall correctly form a couple of days ago the takeaway message was that JG felt that a bridge deal was good enough for him so PK should take one too. I sincerely hope that was not Gorges' intent to put that out there (given his situation was completely different from PK's).

But if that is the takeaway message then I guess it's fair to ask Gorges and his buddies form the NHLPA why they didn't just accept the first ****** offer the owners gave and get hockey staring on time. By holding out for a better deal they cheated the fans of a half season of hockey, cheated all of the arena workers a salary, and cheated themselves out of half a year of salary, too.

I mean, you should just take what's offered, as it must be good enough, no?