View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 09:42 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Subban will hit payday one way or the other, Habs or elsewhere.
If he hits a payday elsewhere, we will be rewarded handsomely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I'm with you man... bridge contracts are insulting to talent like PK and Galchenyuk. Price is an exception because he plays goaltender and those tend to develop slower. Pacioretty isn't in their league, imo.
Galchenyuk is an elite talent in every sense of the word, as much as I love PK, he isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Nobody wants to overpay players. But sometimes, you just have to.
Do we need to go down the list of overpaid players throughout the league?? Especially if you consider Myers overpaid, you'll find that the list is awfully long.
What's important is whether or not he's worth being overpaid (not to mention, the overpayment may become a very reasonable deal, or even a great one). I have a hard time saying no.
You overpay UFAs to get them to choose your team over the 29 others. I'm not interested in using the mistakes other teams make as a gauge to measure PKs value. RFAs like him should sign either a bridge contract, if they are looking to break bank later, or a long-term cap friendly deal. By the way PK describes himself in that interview with Stubbs, and just his attitude in general, I feel he thinks he's worth top-dollar already.

2 years 8-9 million. Let's see if PK can develop into a legit big money d-man before we pay him like one.