View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Meehan/Subban are acting as if the notion of a RFA player without arbitrary rights (arbitration) has been removed from the new CBA. We can blame Meehan all we want (the guy is banking on Subban’s popularity) but, at the end of the day, it’s Subban who decides to stay home.

If Bergevin offered Subban better terms than Price (for instance: 2 years at 4M$ per season), I would see no reason to support PK here. Luckily for us (and the Canadiens!), Emelin, Diaz (especially him), Bouillon and even Kaberle were able, thus far, to pick up the slack while Subban sits at home. Not to mention Gorges and Markov playing 21-24 minutes per game.

Btw... Guy Carbonneau mentioned on RDS that Meehan’s suggestion to Subban was to ink a two years deal à la Del Zotto. He was referring to the length of Del Zotto’s contract. Carbonneau only had good words for Meehan.

Just for the record: 2 years at 4M$ per season... it would not be good enough?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
And on the flip side, Tinordi and Beaulieu could tell Bergevin that they want $7 million dollar contracts after their 2nd season and hold out just to prove they are serious.

Then what?

There is a reason you have a GM and you have players. If the players start dictating their salary structure and amount, then what is the point of having management?

That's called extortion. If a player is signed by the Habs and they resort to that tactic, hit the road. They will never be winners since I comes before team.
You wrote "... then what is the point of having management...", I add: what's the point of this notion called "RFA with no arbritrary rights"? Was it removed from the new CBA?

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 01-23-2013 at 10:04 PM.