Thread: Player Discussion: Scott Laughton
View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 10:00 PM
HyPnOtiK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
The benefit would be him playing 20 minutes a night in all situations rather than 8 minutes a game and playing no special teams. I don't think their is any doubt he could hold his own in a limited role this year, but I think you seriously risk stunting his development by doing so.

There have been tons of guys over the years who we can look back at and say they were brought up way too early and it hurt their development. How many times have we said a player was in juniors too long and it hurt his development? Not many.
Tbh I was pissed when we skipped over Maattaa... In hindsight Laughton is looking good ( still think I'd take maattaa out of needs) but Laughton is currently playing the exact role flyers staff expected him to play on this team after full development.. He was supposed to pass schenn/coots/Giroux. And with wingers hartnell, jake,Simmonds, briere and schenn converting to wingers there's no room on the top 6 for him now or the future... With Harts injury I see laughton staying, it would have been hard for them to send him back even if hartnell wasn't hurt

HyPnOtiK is offline   Reply With Quote