View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 11:01 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Meehan/Subban are acting as if the notion of a RFA player without arbitrary rights (arbitration) has been removed from the new CBA. We can blame Meehan all we want (the guy is banking on Subban’s popularity) but, at the end of the day, it’s Subban who decides to stay home.

If Bergevin offered Subban better terms than Price (for instance: 2 years at 4M$ per season), I would see no reason to support PK here. Luckily for us (and the Canadiens!), Emelin, Diaz (especially him), Bouillon and even Kaberle were able, thus far, to pick up the slack while Subban sits at home. Not to mention Gorges and Markov playing 21-24 minutes per game.

Btw... Guy Carbonneau mentioned on RDS that Meehan’s suggestion to Subban was to ink a two years deal la Del Zoto. He was referring to the length of Del Zoto’s contract. Carbonneau only had good words for Meehan.

Just for the record: 2 years at 4M$ per season... it would not be good enough?

EDIT:

You wrote "... then what is the point of having management...", I add: what's the point of this notion called "RFA with no arbritrary rights"? Was it removed from the new CBA?
This is fair, and if Subban isn't accepting that then I would understand if the team is looking to trade him.