View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 10:34 PM
zhenyas most fly rep

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I don't remember when Semin and Whitney signed... wait, I know that Semin was late into the process, but maybe Shero missed out on Whitney because he was all in on Parise, and perhaps he just didn't want Semin?

And maybe he's looking for something more long-term than a 1-year deal for Sid.

I don't think I can blame him for this past off-season, he swung for the fences, and his team is still in great position to improve even in the face of a significant drop in the cap.
This is exactly what happened IMO. And that's what my problem with Shero is, at some point you gotta drop the Parise ball, it's not like the same kind of thing happened with Hossa.
As far as Semin is concerned, I have no doubt he isn't the kind of player Shero likes but there was no downside taking him for the year, let me sums it up :
no assets to be given.
1 year deal.
we had the cap space to take him with an owner willing to spend.
right handed shot (which is painfully missing on our PP).
If Shero watched the playoffs last year then he should know Semin is willing to sacrifice for his team in the most important moments and be responsible defensively.
Talent/offensive weapon that draws attention away from our centers, give them someone to play with.

Anyway what is done is done, I just hope Shero will be able to trade for a top line winger come trade deadline but this look like a missed opportunity to me.

zhenyas most fly rep is offline   Reply With Quote