View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 10:41 PM
WG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
Oh... how dare a guy like Gorges say something like that?
  • Other teams' fans don't think PK has proven enough yet = Habs haters
  • A teammate gives an opinion that isn't 100% favorable to PK = misquoted/I don't believe it/How dare he?/Source?
  • Some media source giving info about what they've learned and it's not favorable to PK = slandering campaign against PK.
  • Ex-coach saying PK has a lot to learn on and off the ice about team concepts = the guy's an idiot anyways. That's why he got fired!
  • Some teammates are not too fond of PK's ways and the way he handles himself in the dressing room = they're jealous or too stuck up
  • A GM has reservations about PK's development and his future ceiling, given all the inside info he has = he's an idiot and playing hardball to prove he's boss.
  • An NHL coach saying PK has a lot to learn on and off the ice and would like to work with him closely to better his development = what does he know? PK is the Habs' #1 defenseman

Yup, PK can do no wrong. Give him what he wants. He deserves it.
Oh no, there are no fanboys here. Just people that truly know what's behind the scenes and how to evaluate talent...

No middle ground with Habs fans. Just look up the old Komisarek threads to discover a similar phenomenon. Oh wait, how dare I compare Komi and PK? I don't know what I'm talking about if I compare the two...

I won't say anything else, because I'm not allowed to. And since I can't say everything, I'll get flamed. Heck, I'll get flamed in a few moments anyway.

Doesn't matter. All I'll say is: where there's smoke, there's fire.
Yoga classes seem to be working, quite the contortions there.

My point regarded Gorges and I stand by it. One, it is none of his business and not his place to inform any player what contract ot take. And two, if true what he said, the idea that since a hard-working, but stay at home defenseman coming off a shedded knee took a bridge deal means that PK should do the same is nonsense. I sincerely hope that was not Josh Gorges' intent since seems out of character given his tenure here and I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt. I will repeat that if true then the thought process is dumb, especially in the shadow of a protracted labor dispute where players held out to get what they felt was the better deal in the long run.

As to the rest of your diatribe, meh. I don't care what Martin thinks. I care even less what the TMZ crowd at Antichambre think. And I'm still waiting for the fire to erupt from all this smoke. Maybe some of the towels on the floor will come into contact with some empty paint cans?

I have watched this team piss away countless assets over the past 15-odd years. Attitude? Partying? Can't define a role? Easier to trade for pennies on the dollar as opposed to actually sorting it out, right? I am afraid we're going to die on that same hill, and we'll trade the most dynamic defenseman we've had in a long time for Dave Bolland and a 2nd rounder to support some stupid principle that doesn't actually help the team in the long run anyway.

Last edited by WG: 01-23-2013 at 10:47 PM.