View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 10:54 PM
ss53mech

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I'm a bit confused. You say that Tangradi is literally destroying Geno's work. I won't touch on the poor use of literally, but instead say: so you're going to take a guy who is LITERALLY destroying Geno's work, and putting him on a line with Sid at the expense of an actual top-6 guy?
I'll take the lump on my grammar. I can't really properly express my reasoning but I'll try. I think Tangradi would fit a simpler game. His work ethic is good but he just doesn't see the ice the same way Malkin does. So much board work done by Malkin is undone by ET not being in the right spot. Where as I think Sid plays a much more north south kind of game which I think ET will be able to support better.

This potentially accomplishes a number of things:

-Get's Kunitz going by re-uniting him with Malkin/Neal
-Gives Gradi another shot to put it together which if it work it gives us the option of either continued utilization of him on that line or increasing his value to package in a trade for a legit 2nd wheel for Sid. (I'll stop on that as that belongs in another thread)
-And his chemistry can not be worse with Sid than it is with Geno. I understand Sid won't be happy about it but I believe he would at least give the experiment as chance. (AFAIK we never actually played those 2 together have we?)

ss53mech is offline   Reply With Quote