View Single Post
Old
01-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
Once again, by default. I'm talking about a top offense and top defense. PK does not make everyone around him better. Let me see him get guys like Souray, Streit and Komisarek huge deals on the open market, then we can talk about #1.

Karlsson is obviously not going to be known for his 5-on-5 ratios. He's an elite offensive, powerplay defenceman. There is no comparison there.

You should realize that PK Subban is not ready to be the #1 defenceman on a top team, because that is the truth.
How about Desharnais being +22 with Subban and a minus player without him? Or Pacioretty and Cole's offense doubling with him compared to without him.

Gill became a top pairing D with Subban.

Souray scored 20 in Edmonton. It wasn't all Markov. Street was a solid QB in NYI and ended up totally worth his contract. What you are referring to, that they were just Markov, didn't happen. These were talented players who did well with another talented player.

Look it up. Karlssson won a Norris on his ES offense, leading the league there by 16. His PP work was great but didn't win him a Norris. Campbell had more points there, Suter and Pietroangelo and Street weren't far behind.

If you don't like Karlsson, Mtl, first pair also beat Weber, Keith, and Pietroangelo.

Now they were lucky to do this and they probably won't do as well next time, but my point was to show how it wasn't Subban's pair's fault they were in last in the East. It was the other guys. Montreal's top pair was first class last year.