View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 12:26 AM
Pancakes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I said right off the bat when Tangradi was going to be put with Malkin, I cringed. They don't mesh. It didn't work before, and won't now. Far too many people want this kid to be the answer right now and it's not going to happen.

He has to spend time in the bottom six learning how to play at this level. Just like jrs, he worked his way up slowly. Same deal in the A. Why do people think suddenly he will now jump into a top six role? This is why I *****ed last season... This is why I said give him his minutes on the fourth line so we don't have to deal with his early growing pains next season. By ****ing this kid over like DB did, it just delayed his growth.

I've consistently said the same thing. It is at least a two year process. He needs a minimum of a year in the bottom six learning how to play in this league. Then he can slowly be worked into a top six role.

Because of DB that year has not even started yet. Until he gets rolled over minutes game after game in a fixed role and is allowed to make mistakes without being benched, he will never develop.

This is a kid that can really help this team in a bottom six role for now, he just needs a coach that believes in him.

DB needs to watch how Philly does it. From Gagne to Richards, Carter, Giroux, Schenn, etc they all started in the bottom six and learned the game, then moved up.
Tangradi needs to actually show something in whatever role he gets to stay with the big club. You put him on the 4th line, he does nothing. You put him on Malkin's, he does nothing.

There is something to what you're saying but I also think a good deal of it is Tangradi just sucks. Joe Vitale earned his way into the lineup by showing things in limited playing time. So did Tyler Kennedy, if anyone remembers back that far.

Yet for some reason a lot of this board throws a tizzy when Bylsma or the team keep Tangradi on the 4th line or out of the lineup. They've more than given him a chance. Like Brooks said earlier in the thread, there's a reason guys like Tangradi, Caputi, etc get benched or yo-yoed around: it's because they aren't very good hockey players.

Pancakes is online now   Reply With Quote