Old
01-23-2013, 11:33 PM
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merya View Post
Why?
In that hypothetical scenario, healthy Selšnne would've banked 3-4 seasons of 40-50+ goals, won couple Richard trophies. Why wouldn't that hypothetical Selšnne be in consideration for the best RW ever? He'd be over Jagr by a hundred goals in that scenario.
He would have never gotten around to the Howe level. That is jsut given. There is no way a hundred more goals and 200 more points is going to put Selanne in the discussion of the greatest player ever. I am starting to have a feeling that you might not know about Howe?
Now, giving him hundred goals over Jagr MIGHT and that is a big stretch, make the discussion between them more interesting. But Selanne would still be facing a guy who has 5 Art Ross trophies and the best offensive output since Gretzky and Lemieux.

Jagr is, without scratching head, the best offensive forward after Lemieux.

I really can't see Selanne competing with Jagr even without injuries. But who knows? Maybe he would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merya View Post
Bure better than Selšnne? That's a bold statement. Selšnne has better career by far. Better peak also. Prime is pretty even, except Selšnne's prime lasted longer the first time, and had another "prime" at 35+. (arguably still going on with having most points in the horrid ducks team last season)
Selšnne also never sat out half a season because of money.
I ment that Bure was better goal scorer. Which is not by much, but it should be pretty much "non-debatable". Selanne has everything else going on for him tough, so I rank him higher than Bure. All i said was that his goal scoring ability was a small notch above Selanne.

TAnnala is offline   Reply With Quote