View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 12:43 AM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
And how do you learn to hit NHL players who are faster, stronger and craftier than guys in the A?

Oh... You play bottom six minutes where you crash and bang all game. Sort of like how he and Vitale wrecked havoc on teams in the A playing on the third line.

Those two know how to play together and cycle the puck and grind it out. Once again, put them together and let him develop properly.

Everyone thinks Glass can do a better job than Tangradi, so throw him up there.
BTW, Jiggy, off topic, kudos to you for mentioning MacArthur yesterday as a potential nice under the radar target. The guys isn't a flash player, but, as you said, he does a lot of little things well and brings more skill to the table than any Penguins forward not named Crosby, Malkin, or Neal.

Frankly, either he OR Kumy would be the Pens 4th best forward right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Show me when Tangradi ever, once got rolled over minutes on the fourth line. Don't bother because I will just reference MB's post showing how he got screwed.

He showed enough last season to get regular shifts, but still got benched.

Christ, B Schenn played like hot garbage, went 20 games without a point and Philly kept feeding him minutes. He was avg over 14 mins a night during that dreadful skid. There was even a "Schenn is a bust" thread on the main boards BEFORE the kid hit his scoreless streak. He was putrid.

Philly knows how to develop fwds very well, which is why I've watched them very closely for the last 12 years. Their philosophy isn't rocket surgery: you feed them steady minutes in your bottom six and live with their mistakes. Then move them up if their play warrants it. They also know kids can make a big impact in the bottom six so you don't errode their confidence with steady benchings.

If anyone doubts what a young kid can do in a bottom six role, rewatch what Schenn and Coots did to the Pens in their bottom six roles.
Jiggy, the flaw in this argument isn't that you're right. You are right. Rather, the question for me is whether the damage is done. I don't know. Maybe he CAN rediscover his game on a fourth line. Thing is, this organization just so thoroughly ******* the pooch on this one that I have my doubts. It makes me worry about how they're going to handle Bennett.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote