View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 01:00 AM
SephF
[b][/b]

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
You're missing the point I made. That Gagner has played with talent, so there's no excuse for him only hitting the 40 point mark so far.

Stepan had a hurt Gaborik in his rookie year, and still put up 20-20-40. In his 2nd season, there were periods of time in which Stepan and Gaborik weren't playing together and he still put up 50 points.

I'm just tired of seeing the red carpet of excuses rolled out for Gagner in every thread, yet his name pops up constantly in trade proposals on here. If you guys think he can do all of that, stop mentioning his name in every thread regarding Edmonton.
Gagner had Andrew Cogliano and Robert Nilsson on his line in his rookie year and put up 49 in 79 games.

You act like he's played with great players his whole career. Quinn started him as the fourth line C, last season he started on the RW with Belanger playing C (who was a black hole offensively last year) and before that he played mostly with Magnus Paajarvi and Omark.

All I'm saying is if he played with a guy like Gaborik I think he would put up some more points, especially considering he's a goal scorer. With Hemsky they're both playmakers and they haven't gelled previously. I guess they'll see what happens with Yakupov on that line.

Either way, this thread is weird, NYR don't need Gagner when they have Stepan, totally redundant.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote