View Single Post
01-24-2013, 01:05 AM
Mr Jiggyfly
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
BTW, Jiggy, off topic, kudos to you for mentioning MacArthur yesterday as a potential nice under the radar target. The guys isn't a flash player, but, as you said, he does a lot of little things well and brings more skill to the table than any Penguins forward not named Crosby, Malkin, or Neal.

Frankly, either he OR Kumy would be the Pens 4th best forward right now.
I think people got a good look at him tonight. He was on the puck all night causing problems and being crafty with it.

Jiggy, the flaw in this argument isn't that you're right. You are right. Rather, the question for me is whether the damage is done. I don't know. Maybe he CAN rediscover his game on a fourth line. Thing is, this organization just so thoroughly ******* the pooch on this one that I have my doubts. It makes me worry about how they're going to handle Bennett.
People have given up on him because they want so desperately for him to solve the winger problem. I have always seen him as a guy who will be a valuable third liner if he doesn't work out in the top six.

I watched him grind it out in jrs and the A before he moved to the top six in those leagues. I know he can play in the bottom six and help. You don't cast a commodity like that away because you are pissed off he isn't Kevin Stevens Redux at 23. Stevens wasn't even Stevens until he was 26. Kunitz was thrown on waivers by the Ducks and then Atl of all teams before he figured things out with the Ducks again at 27.

Tangradi needs to be brought through the bottom six and slowly worked into the top six. He is not going to be ready for a couple of yrs most likely. If people don't like that, tough ****. For the last time, it isn't his fault this team has no top six wingers. He can't magically skip the NHL learning curve because people are impatient and spoiled.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote