View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 12:10 AM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
Might tell you that the rest of our defense sucked, or that the other guys that played with desharnais sucked, or that it wasn't a big enough sample size. I don't know, but I don't care. I don't have to look at those numbers to re-affirm what I see on the ice.

Markov made each and everyone of those guys hit a level they never had before or after.

My point was that whatever Sabrestat he was using to say "PK beat Karlsson" was irrelevant. Karlsson is not going to be judged on his defensive efficiency when he is out scoring elite forwards, 5-on-5 and PP.

What does that tell you about whatever means it is that you are using to grade a player?

I never said it was their fault. They just wouldn't be the top pairing on a contending team, unless the "second pairing" had Markov on it.
You're shifting goalposts.

You asked how he can be a 1 if his team didn't do well. That's the question answered here. The Habs got upper half results from their top duo. The problems were when they weren't on the ice. Better than the results of many well regarded units.

Now they were lucky to do it, they had good goaltending support and they probably got lucky with the forwards doing better than they normally would. But you weren't asking what they'll do in the future. You were asking why the team failed with them. The results clearly show that the failure had nothing to do with them.