View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 12:36 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
So it's the rookie who was playing his first two games fault??? Not the veterans that are bleeding scoring chances and goals against, while getting owned along the boards all over the ice.

I guess people are expecting Yakupov to come in and immediatly carry the 2nd line and inflate Gagners value like Hall and Eberle have.
Nobody is expecting Yakupov to be anything, and I'm definitely not giving up on him. But what I'm definitely NOT doing is blaming his shortcommings and early struggles (which are expected from an 18 year old in the NHL) on his linemates.

There's nothing wrong with saying a player is looking out of place when he's looking out of place. It doesn't mean he's a bust or that it's not going to get better.

Quote:
Sure Hemsky and Gagner have had a few nice dangles and scored nice goals in the SO, but they have been awful as far as defensive zone coverage and turnovers are concerned.
The exact same could be said about Yakupov and the fact that he has scored a goal. It doesn't mask the fact that he hasn't looked very good in his first two games.