View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 01:19 AM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Maybe true, but I still don't see how those 5 minutes are going to significantly alter the way the rest of the team plays.
It's called giving your team energy.

Quote:
I like that there is flexibility to put more offensive skill onto the 4th line if its desired. I don't see it as a one-recipe-fits-all-occasions situation. There will be opponents and circumstances where we want to see Reaves in there, and other games where it makes more sense to go with D'Agostini. Its a nice problem to have. Heck, I wish there was a way Porter could have stayed on the active roster without sacrificing anyone else, since I think he'd work his way into the line-up from time to time.
No it never makes sense to put D'Agostini in on the 4th-line because it has never worked; he's terrible there.

I would rather have Porter in there instead of D'Agostini without even thinking twice about it.

Quote:
I think people misunderstood Hitch's comments about D'Agostini being an important part of the DEPTH this season. It didn't mean he was edging Schwartz for a roster spot, or even that he's gaining favor on the 4th line. But we'll be glad a player with his skill level is available if a top 9 forward goes down for any extended period. (Likewise Langenbrunner and Sobotka for sliding up if need be.)
The problem is that D'Agostini doesn't really gel with any of our top 3 lines.

Also, Langenbrunner does not provide much on the ice at all. Don't even see the point in putting him in there.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote