View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 02:33 AM
Tony O

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
I met Getzlaf a couple of times one and half year ago and he seemed like the biggest diva of all players i've met. Arrogant and demeaning. Is this a thing he's always had or can it be a part of the problem, that he has developed it? I'm not talking about how he seems in the media where he seems like a likeable guy, probably feeding from it.
Last season I was very fortunate to get picked for jersey-off-the-players-back during fan appreciation night. (Got Sbisa’s jersey) Anyways, after all of the team had skated off the ice; Getzlaf stayed and shook everyone’s hand in line. He thanked everyone for their support, and apologized for his bad season and for the team’s poor play. He also promised the team would do better next year.

I know celebrities and professional athletes all have their public and private persona's, but I have to say Getzlaf was truly humble that night. He didn’t have to do that, and IMO those were not the actions of arrogant diva. If he’s truly a diva maybe last season taught him something.

Tony O is offline   Reply With Quote