View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 01:44 AM
danishh

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Possibly, but not sure about this statement. They traded a 2nd for him, im pretty sure there is no way he yields a 1st. And don't think he will get the return of Lindback. So if Ottawa is lucky they will get a 2nd and maybe a 3/4/5 draft choice as a supplement. Teams won't trade a great prospect either for Bishop, maybe a long term project at best. The biggest problem for Ottawa is similar to what St. Louis had, that being that they feel the need to move Bishop because they have 2 other good goalies and other teams know this.
on the other hand, the goalie market at the moment is:
1. Luongo
2. Bishop
3. Someone that isnt good enough to be a backup on their current team.

as long as vancouver keeps demanding the moon, bishop has value. Personally, i think they could cash him in for a 2nd right now (and keep in mind, ottawa traded a 2013 2nd for him, so they'd be essentially getting those 10 games last year for free). Ottawa doesnt want a 2nd though. They want a dman who can play now. I expect them to wait this out and hope that someone's goalie problems fit our need (hey phoenix, i hear you have a lot of defensemen, eh?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Luongo to TOR, Bishop to EDM, then the teams involved send Bishop to TOR and Luongo to EDM
I dont think nonis is the type of gm who would acquire luongo just to trade him back to vancouver's divison. Certainly not the way to make friends with other GM's.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote