View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 04:41 AM
quoipourquoi
Goaltender

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
You twisted a post from Novemeber 2009 that basically just amounted to "the results of this poll between Selanne and Bucyk will be different than the results of the top 100 project" to "Selanne is not a top 100 player." It's possible that 4 years ago, I believed Selanne wasn't a top 100 player, because I was new to this board and didn't realize how the way people were ranking things at the time really sold modern players short. And also because 4 years ago, Selanne's longevity was nothing special.
It's a fact that you didn't. Even just two years ago, you didn't "see him realistically making the Top 100," and said "I think he has no shot."

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...19&postcount=9

I'm not twisting your words with some nefarious agenda of deliberate misrepresentation, TDMM; we've spoken on here enough times that I know your position on things, and one of them was at the time that Teemu Selanne was not a Top 100 Player and was not a better player than Pavel Bure. I quoted one post when I could have quoted no fewer than a half-dozen. In the same way you think I underrate Nicklas Lidstrom (and call me on it often), I believe you underrate Teemu Selanne (and will call you on it often).

And it's not just you. But when it is you, and we're rehashing the same conversation from three years ago, I'm not going to forget things that you were incorrect about and defer to a conclusive statement about Bure's superiority in any field - and then get called out for being "aggressive and defensive" by vadim when I think I'm entitled to being both within reason, considering how wrong everyone was about him in the recent past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
(edit: Guess that means I lied about being done with the posts from 3-4 years ago, heh)
This thread has taken a turn into crazy town, hasn't it? As long as no one has anything to say about John Bucyk, I'll see my way out...

quoipourquoi is offline   Reply With Quote