View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 05:35 AM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Awesome GDT! Here's hoping the Canes play to match the awesomness of it tonight. As I'm under the weather I'll be watching it from home - as this is one of the three SportsSouth games, how can I tune in? (As in what channel *is* Sportssouth. I don't think I've ever seen it before)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
driving down atm, what do all those burning t's on the side of the 1 stand for? Tlusty?

e: My friend's been yapping at me about "The Mecca Restaurant." y/n?
No. It's one of those "local legend" sort of places that gets by on its name alone (along with Big Ed's City Market Restaurant). It's one of those small local Southern restaurants where at one time power brokers and politicians would cut deals over their blue plate specials and that's about all that's notable about the Mecca. You can have much better food elsewhere. I'd recommend Chuck's (burgers), Beasley's Chicken + Honey (down home cooking featuring chicken and waffles), Sitti (Lebanese), Gravy (Italian), Busy Bee (kind of eclectic/new American), Raleigh Times (pub grub), The Pit (BBQ) or Centro (Mexican) LONG before I'd recommend Mecca.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote