View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 05:43 AM
DareDoiler

vCash: 500
I feel like I'm missing something? The province has said no, no, and no to the 100 million they are expected to chip in for the arena, and yet the shovels to the ground deal includes the 100 million from the province?

Redford is on tv tonight to talk about the provinces fiscal state (not good) which will presumably talk about job cuts, program cuts, who know what. I mean (whatever your thoughts on Redford) it's one thing for the provincial government to chip in when things are good, but I just don't see how the done deal includes money from a govt that has said no multiple times, and now, 24 hours before redfords expected bleak announcement, 2.5 months before an expected bleak fiscal year end, that Mandel and Katz think they will be able to sway the minds of the provs?

Likely there is a lot I don't know or understand, but it just doesn't make sense. I feel like they will put shovels to the ground, hit the point of no return, and when they still don't see that 100 mil, they will just say "we expected provincial support and that hasn't happened, so now we have to find that 100 mil by doing this, this, and that."

TL;DR how can this be a done deal when 100 mil is still unaccounted for?