View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 06:27 AM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony O View Post
Last season I was very fortunate to get picked for jersey-off-the-players-back during fan appreciation night. (Got Sbisa’s jersey) Anyways, after all of the team had skated off the ice; Getzlaf stayed and shook everyone’s hand in line. He thanked everyone for their support, and apologized for his bad season and for the team’s poor play. He also promised the team would do better next year.

I know celebrities and professional athletes all have their public and private persona's, but I have to say Getzlaf was truly humble that night. He didn’t have to do that, and IMO those were not the actions of arrogant diva. If he’s truly a diva maybe last season taught him something.
Yeah you probably got a point. It should be said that they lost that NHL Premiere in Helsinki and then came really late to Stockholm the night before the game. I understand their unwillingness then to reach out. During the third and last meeting he actually came up but only signed for a handful of fans, where i managed to slip in. He had multiple chances to reach out for real and Ryan, Selanne, Koivu amongst others were at the same time really nice, amongst the all-time greats in that department. It tells a story how a man(or woman) acts towards people that cant do them any good, a difference to appologising to paying fans in Anahaim. It's his stance that made me believe that he is arrogant. But yeah you're right, maybe the bad season did something.

Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote