Thread: Rick Nash
View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 07:41 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Everyone wants to disagree but has no points or debates to offer? Hmm.
Who knows what "invisible" really means and alot of it depends on perspectives, expectations and philospohy's etc.

But I wouldn't say that you are on thin ice. At least I know that John Tortorella agrees with you (while he wouldn't necessary use the term invisible) if I interpret you correctly.

You can live with a player scoring 40 goals while being invisible in the regular season, but in the PO's when you play the best 7 times in 14 nights -- you just need alot more -- on a shift by shift basis -- from your best players. You need momentum and somehow a player like Gabby must be a factor on a line that gives you momentum shift after shift, game after game. Just popping a goal here and there while spending a lot of time all over the ice chasing the puck (risking penalties, misstakes in the wrong areas ofthe ice, instead of spending time in the attacking zone drawing penalties, waiting for misstakes and what not) is not enough.

Gabby wasn't that player last season or the season before that. I've followed him since the WJC's in Sweden in 99' (?), IE almost 14 years, and he has never been much more than a opetunistic scorer.

My point is just -- we can call him invisible or something else -- but he must start contributing more if he is going to be worth it for us considering the fact that he makes 7m, takes up alot of space on the team, is ineffective on the PP etc. Even if he scores 40 in the regular season. This season is definitely somewhat of a test for Gabby.