Old
01-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucicfist View Post
What are this kids chances at nhl honestly , I also would like to know about Seth Griffin from dom and Kirk?
You'll have to wait until the week-end. Have an article on Payne coming out with quotes from Mike Vellucci from the Plymouth Whalers, Wayne Smith - the Bruins Director of Amateur Scouting, plus several independent scouts ( who I might add are NOT Bruins fans). - Maybe someone will post the link to it.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with what you read there. Of the 3 remaining skaters the Bruins have in the OHL (not counting Subban) Payne IMO, has the best chance of success at the NHL level.

As for Griffith, mentioned this in another thread when DKH was talking about comparing Spooner to Savard on the powerplay: Griffith is closer to Savvy on the PP than Spooner is. It's the 5 on 5 I have questions about.

Been a big fan of Griffith since he played Junior B. Thought he should have been drafted in his first year of eligibility. Griffith is an offensive force in Junior. I have some concerns about how it will translate in the NHL. He has the smarts and the hands and the shot, he just needs more speed. He's not a fourth line kind of guy. But his intensity and physicality have picked up this year. (as witnessed by his increase in penalty minutes. Very durable player - has not missed a single game since being called up with 17 games left in the season in 2009/10.