View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Erixon,Rundblad and Larsson have struggled a bit. OEL is the only one of that group to have established himself as a NHL regular.
Yeah, but OEL is looking extremely good and Larsson is still very very young (he went in the same draft as JT Miller).

Tim Erixon and David Rundblad are both the same age as Chris Kreider give or take a few month's. I think both the former mentioned have been hyped for sure, but its extremely early to label them as a somewhat of a lost generation or something even remotely like that. I also think that its important to acknowledge that Rundblad would be a heck of a better fit in NY than Erixon. Tim had Staal, McD and MDZ ahead of him on the depth chart, and is not a PPQB (on the same team the same season Rundblad had 50 pts and Erixon had 24 pts).

It all depends on what perspective you look at this from. I would be hesitant to trade Kreider or even Miller for Rundblad. I don't think he is a lock to become a star in this league. But boy could he potentially make a impact here in NY, talk about coming to a set table in terms of a open spot on a PP with Richards, Nash, Callahan and co. Having a ton of solid defensive partners to play with. And so forth.

Its certainly a legit concern with Rundblad to worry what we would have to give up to get him.