View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 07:21 AM
Fredi28

vCash: 500
Hey all - I am coming down to Tampa with my brother and a few friends from Boston for the B's-Lightning game on February 21st. We are pretty excited to support the boys for a road game, and even more excited to check out Tampa and get out of the cold for a few days.

Had a few questions. As far as hotels go, we are looking right now at staying at the Howard Johnson right by the airport. Can anyone give me any sort of a review of that hotel? And if it's not our best option, maybe some other suggestions? Obviously we dont want to break the bank too much on a hotel. I should mention that my brother lives in Pensacola and is driving to meet us in Tampa, so we will have access to a car if that helps our cause.

Also, what are our best options for pre-game in terms of decent enough food, beers and a solid atmosphere? Coming from Boston, the Garden is right in downtown Boston and there are plenty of solid bar/restaurant options for pre-game. Is this similar for the Times Forum?

And lastly, since this will be our first time in Tampa, we are hoping to try and check out the night life a little bit after the game. Anyone have any recomendations for solid post-game spots for a group of guys in their mid-20's? We are by no means looking for really clubby type places, but just some bars that will have decent music and a good crowd.

All of your help is very much appreciated!

Fredi28 is offline   Reply With Quote