View Single Post
Old
01-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Chokers Unite!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Johansson played primarily on the wing during the stretch run last season. That was also his most productive period of his career so far.

For instance, during the last 10 regular season games of last season, he played almost exclusively on the wing. He had 7 points during that span (a 65-point pace).
http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-com...&gametype=10#A
Of course, the period where he was most productive just happened to coincide with Ovechkin's most productive stretch of the season. He scored 8 goals and 11 points over those last 10 games. Of Mojo's 7 points, 6 involved Ovie. I think it's more of a coincidence that Mojo happened to be on the wing during Ovie's strong last month and that inflated his stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradD View Post
Just because they're Swedish doesn't mean they all belong on the same line. Johansson is failing miserably as a winger.

I doubt he'll be fired but he's on a short leash if we either fail to make the playoffs or get a 1st round exit this year. Even more of a shorter leash and a possible half-season firing if he puts all Swedes on the line next year and they fail miserably.

McPhee has a tendency to draft Russians because they're Russian or Swedes because they're Swedes. It's highly annoying. Tell me how the Anton Gustafsson thing went. I honestly believe if he didn't have this biasm we wouldn't have selected Anton Gustafsson and selected JORDAN EBERLE one pick later. Can you imagine?
You act like he's had a ton of misses taking Europeans. We've really only struck out on two guys in McPhee's tenure- Gus and Pokulok. Gus had the family connection with Bengt so that might have blinded them (As for Eberle, he was considered a significant reach at the time; CSB had him ranked 33rd amongst North American skaters. Chances are, he wasn't our next pick anyway). As for Pokulok, his career was derailed by injury, so you can't really blame GMGM. If you want to see what McPhee's drafting was like before Ovie, check out this link. Aside from Semin, his drafting in those years was awful, and most of his misses are Canadians.

Last edited by Zoidberg Jesus: 01-24-2013 at 08:32 AM.